Friday, September 21, 2018

High School Picks: Week Three

Photo via Google.com

In week two, I improved upon my 11-8 record and I came four points shy of predicting the final score of Northampton-Smith Voc. (I had 42-10 Northampton. The final score was 42-6). Onto week three.
Last week’s record: 12-4
Overall record: 23-12
Putnam 18, South Hadley 8
Putnam has played some of the best all-around defense this season. While South Hadley isn’t as bad as their 0-2 record and eight total points, I think Putnam’s defense will prevail in this matchup.
Frontier 21, Palmer 18
Frontier proved themselves when they defeated Greenfield last week. I think Frontier still has what it takes to win their conference and make the playoffs, so I’m going with them over Palmer.
Mount Greylock 21, Belchertown 18
I think this could go either way. I’m picking Mount Greylock because they have Michael Wellspeak, who has proven to be quite the quarterback this year. Although the numbers might not be the best, Wellspeak knows how to run this team.
Easthampton 26, Franklin Tech 14
Expect more of the Easthampton team that defeated Mahar last week than the one that lost to Taconic in week one. Easthampton might have the best receiver in the area in Quentin Baker-Cisero. Surely that’s a stretch, but you get my point.
East Longmeadow 26, Agawam 14
East Longmeadow defeated Pittsfield 27-6 last week and are one of the better teams in western Mass. They should take care of Agawam.
Weston 35, Monument Mountain 12
Monument Mountain faces north football’s Weston this week and it won’t end up pretty for them.
Central 50, West Springfield 34
Central scored 61 points against St. John’s last week. Sixty-one points. Six. Zero. That’s a lot against arguably the best team in Mass.
Amherst 28, Ludlow 20
Amherst shut out Belchertown last week, a better team than Ludlow.
Wahconah 42, Chicopee 18
Wahconah shut out a Taconic team that scored 74 points in week one. They also average 44.5 points per game. Connor Noyes should run all over Chicopee in this game.
Athol 26, Mahar 20
Athol has a freshman at quarterback, but they have a better team than Mahar. Overall, I like Athol’s offense in this one.
Lee 25, Drury 6
Drury has really played well this season, which I didn’t expect. But Lee has been the better team these first two weeks, so I think Lee finds a way to defeat Drury.
Longmeadow 31, Northampton 27
Northampton had a commanding win last week. But Longmeadow defeated a strong West Springfield team, 43-20.  Longmeadow is proving themselves as one of the best teams in western Mass. so far this season.
Westfield 28, Commerce 16
I like Westfield’s run game. They have several good options to hand the ball off too, which has led to a 2-0 start. I like Westfield in this game.
Holyoke 25, Pittsfield 22
I like the fight in this year’s Holyoke team. They came back and defeated Putnam in week one and then scored 40 points against Chicopee. They might end up as the most underrated team this season.
Hoosac Valley 22, Chicopee Comp 20
I like Hoosac Valley’s defense. Even though they have played well this season, I find it hard to pick them over Chicopee Comp’s Nathaniel LePage, who has thrown for 513 yards and seven touchdowns in two games. I think Hoosac Valley finds a way on Friday though. One player can’t win it all for his team.
Minnechaug 38, Taconic 26
I like Minnechaug to take western Mass. this season and Taconic won’t stop that this week. MInnechaug in a landslide.
Greenfield 26, Turners Fall 20
If you like running backs, you will like this game. I would set the over/under on touches for this game at 50. Greenfield has the better run game.
Mohawk 24, Smith Voc. 20
Smith Voc. has had tough luck in each of their first two games this season. I think Mohawk has a little more talent than Smith Voc., which should show late in the game when these two teams are tied. Mohawk should come away with the win if that scenario plays out.
Monument Mountain faces north football’s Weston this week and it won’t end up pretty for them.
Pathfinder 26, Ware 20
I have found these teams two of the hardest picks each week. I really feel that both of their games can go either way each week. Ware had a good week last week, so I’m assuming that that comes down this week.
Bonus pick: Due to obligations this weekend, I need to get my NFL picks earlier than Sunday morning. Last week I went 7-8-1. Ouch. That brings me to 16-14-2 on the year. I had Cleveland last night (ballsy I know). For the rest of my picks, I’m going Atlanta over New Orleans, Kansas City over San Francisco, Miami over Oakland, Minnesota over Buffalo, Indianapolis over Philadelphia, Green Bay over Washington, Carolina over Cincinnati, Jacksonville over Tennessee, Denver over Baltimore, NY Giants over Houston, Los Angeles Rams over Los Angeles Chargers, Chicago over Arizona, Seattle over Dallas, New England over Detroit and Pittsburgh over Tampa Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment